Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
Whatever your skills or interests may be, there’s an opportunity for you to volunteer at St. Andrew’s. A sampling of specific ministry area volunteer opportunities are listed below.
- We need volunteers who wash dishes one day a week, Monday-Friday. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E054BAAAB29A5F85-monfri
- We need people who LOVE to organize and rearrange things, so we let them loose in the pantry, freezers and stockrooms. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E054BAAAB29A5F85-pantry
- Like to deep clean? Come into our kitchen once a quarter. Contact Carrin Mahmood, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651.762.9119
- Like the fun of group food prep? Work on Wednesdays to create a meal for the Community Dinner. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0849abab2aaafb6-community1
- Serve and clean up at our weekly Free Community Meal on Thursday evenings. To sign up, contact Debbie Larson, email@example.com, 651.762.9124.
Children, Youth & Family
Dock, our children’s education ministry during weekend worship services, relies on hundreds of volunteers during the year to help educate kids and bring them along in their faith journey.
Community Resource Center
St. Andrew’s Family Shelter – Hugo
Hope for the Journey Home Shelter – Oakdale
Enrich your life by giving yourself to neighbors in need. Volunteer at the Community Resource Center this year by being an employment mentor, entering data, driving our transportation van, sorting and organizing donations, or more. Help with the free Thursday night community meal by preparing and serving food, running the dish room, doing crafts with kids, or being a welcoming presence at the check-in table. Volunteer one time or commit to an ongoing schedule. Be part of a community where lives are being transformed. We’d love to meet you.
Imagine it’s your Grandma! That’s how we treat each person who drives up to use our Valet Ministry outside the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings. Please consider being part of a team of volunteers who park cars once a month on a rotating schedule.
Worship Team Volunteers
Create a warm, welcoming, and orderly environment so that the focus of our worship services can remain on worship. Individuals and families are welcome. We need volunteers to serve as greeters, ushers, communion servers, video operators, valet parkers, hospitality hosts (coffee & cookies), and more during Traditional and Contemporary services, as well as holiday services and special events such as concerts.
First Response Team
We need CPR-trained volunteers to provide first responder coverage at our worship services, concerts and programs. Responders have a reserved seat in the Sanctuary and the Great Hall.
We are always in need of volunteers to help with special events during the year such as the Block Party (September), Star of Wonder (December) and other congregation-wide and community events. Check our weekly Bulletin Inserts for more information.
Like to garden? Want to answer phones or greet guests? Interested in using your organizing skills helping us organize Bibles, hymnals and prayer cards to prepare for weekend worship? There’s a place for you here!