Learning with Friends, Fun, and Faith
We are a Christian Early Childhood Educational Program. The key to establishing a Christian environment is employing teachers who have committed their lives to Jesus Christ. Teachers will assist the children in:
- Becoming more familiar with Jesus Christ through prayer and with Bible stories
- Helping them understand that God loves them
- Helping them understand that God makes them uniquely special
- Growing in their ability to love one another
Testimonials – What do parents have to say about us?
What are the goals of our Preschool?
1. To provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and culturally responsive setting for children.
2. To support children’s development by cherishing individual differences, helping them learn about cooperation, and promoting their self-esteem.
3. To work with families to bring about collaboration between home and school in ways that will enhance the child’s development.
4. To provide a learning experience for the whole child; physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.
5. To encourage and foster independence and socialization in preschoolers within a safe, caring and Christian environment.
Activities – We offer the following activities, which are included in tuition:
Music with a Specialist
Brain research has emphasized the importance behind early music education. Children possess an abundance of genes and synapses that immediately make them ready for learning music. Music education at our center provides “neurological exercises” that introduce children to speech patterns, sensory motor skills, and vital movement strategies. Each week children will experience music through songs, movement, history, and musical games taught by our Music Specialist.
Spanish with a Specialist
For years it has been thought that teaching a foreign language to preschool-age children would be futile. However, recent studies indicate that the best time for a child to learn another language is in the first three to four years of life because the brain is malleable. Ms. Shannon, our Spanish Specialist, has been with the Preschools teaching Spanish for over 17 years. Children learn by listening, seeing, imitating, and practicing in every class. Ms. Shannon introduces them to Spanish rhymes, songs, games, and counting.
A unique opportunity abounds in our Full Day program for Intergenerational Activities on campus at the St. Andrews Village. Some of the activities include “Art with the Grand friends,” weekly chapel services, singing tours by the toddlers, and a Fourth of July parade and picnic. The 4 and 5 year old half day classroom visits the “Grand friends” at St. Andrew’s Village once each month to share a project, some songs, or a fun activity.
Weekly Chapel with a Pastor
Each week the Full Day Preschools visits the St. Andrew’s Village residents to have a small chapel service. This time includes bible stories, skits, songs and a “high five” or a hug for our “Grand friends.” Half Day Preschoolers combine classrooms each week for a short chapel time which includes Bible Stories, songs and prayer. Faith formation in our students is an integral part of our curriculum. It’s about helping young children grow in faith and deepening and strengthening their relationship with God.
Ann Gutteter Named Director of Preschools
It is with great pleasure that we announce that Ann Gutteter has been named the new Director of the Preschools of St. Andrew’s. Ann brings strong credentials to this position and knows St. Andrew’s well. She has a Master of Science Degree in Child and Family Studies, and she has worked in a number of nonprofit and for-profit childcare and elementary school settings, including serving in various capacities of St. Andrew’s Children, Youth and Family Ministry and the Preschools of St. Andrew’s.